this is a multidisciplinary research project about american housing (in)justice, especially its history and activity in NYC.
- how does gentrification fit into broader patterns of racialized displacement?
- what systemic/psychological/rhetorical mechanisms enable these patterns?
- at what points of impact can we most effectively resist gentrification?
- what alternatives to housing/community as commodity exist or are possible?
- deepen my own understanding of the housing crisis in NY
- circulate resources and ideas for resisting and circumventing gentrification
- dream up new/recovered meanings of the word home